Who Reads Brides?
Brides is written for a woman engaged to be married. She comes to Brides for help and inspiration in creating a wedding that, while being uniquely about her and her fiance, will also delight her friends and family. She expects Brides to help her stay on budget as it walks her through the nuts and bolts of the wedding process, using timetables, dos and don'ts, checklists, and other user-friendly devices.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
Regular sections of Brides include:
- Fashion and Beauty: Runway bridal gowns paired with perfect accessories; dresses that fix specific figure flaws; new color combos for the bridal party; wedding-day beauty tips and tricks.
- Bridesmaids gifts under $50
- The 411: Wedding Planner basics.
- Stylish reception details
- Top event planner's ideas and secrets
- Etiquette Police Q&A
- Reader roundup
- Quick Fixes to wedding emergencies
Brides’ contributors are all experts in the world of weddings: celebrity event planners, A-list chefs, award-winning photographers, and top beauty stylists.
Brides aims for a clean, contemporary, and beautiful environment in which information is conveyed in a simple, reader-friendly manner.
Comparisons to Other Magazines
Brides is the authority, the bible, the magazine that America trusts to help a woman put together one of the most important days in her life. Brides created this magazine category, and sets the standard for bridal magazines.
Jewelry, cosmetics, tableware, fragrance, stationery, small electronics, personal hygiene, footwear, travel, accessories, formalwear and bridal fashion.
Brides win design awards (SPG) on a regular basis, and its individual editors have won journalism awards in their markets, including travel, beauty, and features.